May water supply forecast
May 8, 2020
- USBR issued an updated water supply forecast of 91% today which is down from 96% in March.
- The reservoirs are not all expected to fill based on recent model runs. The reservoirs hold just over a million acre feet combined. There is more water in the snow and the rain run off than in the reservoirs when they are full. About half of the Yakima River basin does not drain through a reservoir.
- The low end forecast is now 80% down from 82%. The low forecast is predicated on there being 50% of normal precip for the remainder of the season.
- The next forecast will be issued on June 4th .
- The Roza office remains closed to the public and phone calls to the office (at 837-5141) are routed to voicemail so that employees working remotely can return them. Please check the Roza website for updates.