Office Location: 125 S. 13th Street - Sunnyside, WA 98944
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 810 - Sunnyside, WA 98944
Office Phone: 509.837.5141 - Office Fax: 509.836.4807
Board will meet Tuesday- May 10, 2016 at 9:00A.M., in the Board room at the Roza office in Sunnyside.
· Reclamation forecasts a full water supply in 2016. The forecast is premised on receiving average precipitation from April 1 to September 31.
· Should the precipitation be 50% of average during the water season, Roza is forecast to receive 81% water supply.
· There is very good soil moisture under the snow, which will extend the runoff period.
· The snow density is 38% to 49%, which is ripe for coming off.
· Storage control of the river will likely not occur until after early May. In an average year, storage control occurs in mid to late June. Storage control occurred on April 15th in 2015. The date that river is controlled by releases of stored water in the reservoirs is the date we begin using Roza’s allotted bucket of water, so the later the storage control date the better.
Normally, one full business day advance notice will be required for water orders, however, the District reserves the right to postpone water delivery orders two full business days when necessary. 6:00 a.m. is the cutoff time because Roza's Watermaster submits orders to the Bureau of Reclamation at 6:00 a.m.
For example: Water orders received by the District before 6:00 a.m. on a Tuesday will be delivered Wednesday. Orders received after 6:00 a.m. Tuesday (but before 6:00 a.m. Wednesday) will be delivered Thursday.
Similarly, orders received before 6:00 a.m. Friday will be delivered Monday and orders received after 6:00 a.m. Friday will be delivered Tuesday.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays are not considered business days for water ordering purposes. One extra business day may be required by the Bureau of Reclamation if water is not readily available to the District.
If you would like to be added to the email distribution list please submit an email to the Board via firstname.lastname@example.org
click here... USBR Public Meeting Notice Kachess Emergency Temporary Floating Pumping Plant.
Please click here for Kachess EmergencyTemporary Floating Pumping Plant Scoping meeting presentation.
Please click here for Kachess Temporary Floating Emergency Drought Relief Pumping plant Staff Report with attachments *please note the file size is large*
Please click here for Kachess Emergency Drought Relief Pumping Plant presentation.
Please click here for Kachess Emergency Drought Relief Pumping Plant recon report. *please note the file size is just under 150Mb, if you would like a printed version please call our office or you may bring in a thumb drive and we can download it to that.
Roza Irrigation District issued a statement regarding supplying federal water to marijuana growing operations, please click on appropriate county to view document... Yakima County and Benton County.
Board Meetng Minutes for 2015:
April 7 and 27, 2015
May 5, 2015
May 22, 2015
September 8, 2015
September 15, 2015
September 29, 2015
October 6, 2015
November 17, 2015
November 30, 2015
December 15, 2015
January 5, 2016
2016 Acrolein/Teton/Cascade/Captain/Copper Schedule....click here.
please click here for ....Aquatic Weed Control Organic Certification letter.
Parcel number information and placing water orders....click here.
Pooling deadline is June 1, 2016 for the irrigation season.
view here.....Wasteway 5 Re-Regulation Reservoir time lapse video
For the most current USBR reservoir storage levels (during irrigation season) click here
You are visitor number
Report broken links or suggestions to Webmaster